Old December 1st 08, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default Reflector mesh surface

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Incidentally, I've had rather bad luck using twisted galvanized
chicken wire for making dish antennas. I kept getting intermittent
noise crashes and arcing like noise bursts on a 1.7GHz WX satellite
system I once threw together. I eventually found that banging on the
chicken wire would produce the same noise bursts. I didn't bother
trying to find out exactly what was doing the arcing. When I switched
to using aluminum flashing and aluminum duct tape for the reflector,
the noise went away.

I've read some reports that such is due to the poor contact of the
twists in chicken wire.

I suppose soldering all the twists would fix it.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.