Old December 1st 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default information suppression by universities

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

At one point, I had illusions of designing and producing antennas.
It's an ideal product. Few people understand how they work. Antennas
tend to be surround by hype and are often close to magic. Testing is
difficult and expensive. Product comparisons are non-existent.
Religion and bias toward specific styles and manufacturers seem to be
the prime criteria for selection. The weirder it looks, the better it
sells. Aesthetic concerns have provided a whole new market. There
are already some rather dubious antenna products on the market. Etc.
In all, it's a perfectly acceptable small market waiting to be
exploited. Hopefully, my marketing and sales expertise will
adequately compensate for my marginal antenna design abilities. I had
plans to build the product line using the audiophile model, where
garish industrial design and endless ambiguous buzzwords have done
quite well. Due to health problems, I doubt that I'll do anything, so
it's all yours.

Good luck.

One of the most important paragraphs ever to have been posted to this NG ...

The logic and energy brought to bear is nothing short of astounding, and
provokes a "RIGHT ON, THUMBS UP" out of me ... :-)

However, the part of success in selling snake oil, "In all, it's a
perfectly acceptable small market waiting to be exploited", I'd have to
see to believe ... the market seems saturated already!

Warm regards,
JS