Old December 1st 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default information suppression by universities

John Smith wrote:
JB wrote:

Needs to be reminded that gravity doesn't work that way. Stand on
your head
and try it.

Better yet, grab a hand full of plastic, glass, metal, wood, etc. and
toss it into a mud-puddle, come back in a few million years and see what
you can "dig up", what has "evolved" into being ...

While I cannot absolutely rule out molecules, atoms and other assorted
particles, materials and wavelengths of energies arranging themselves
into complex organisms, at least one of which has self-awareness--it
flies in the face of all forms of logic/maths/sciences I have ever had
contact with ... but true, ya' never know, ya' just never know.

Self-arranging and self replication are actually easy enough to do that
the old definition of life that depends on that have been discarded for
much tighter definitions, Otherwise we would already be able to claim
that we created life.

As an example, lipids, or phospholipids, are a common substance (read
oils) that have the tendency to form into small bilayer spheres that
isolate the interior from the exterior world. Then what is needed is for
the right compounds to get trapped inside that sphere, and maybe
something interesting will happen.

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2...npu=1&mbid=yhp

A immune system analog:

http://www.sandia.gov/media/NewsRel/NR2002/nanoarch.htm

Point is, these things are not some impossible to happen, "just so"
scheme. As time goes on, it looks more and more like on a planet capable
of sustaining life, life will happen.

Now if someone wanted to claim that some entity made that planet that
could support life, then these things happened - that is a different story.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -