Old December 1st 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default information suppression by universities

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

As for snake oil, I don't consider giving the customer what they want
to be snake oil. If the market demands garrish, weird looking,
strange, camouflaged, and/or colorful antennas, it's not snake oil.
Several vendors have demonstrated that weird looking sells well. If
that's what the customer wants, I don't see a problem.

I'm thinking of pink dipoles for the YL Hamettes!

It's also possible to produce deluxe versions of common antennas. For
example, I suspect a gold plated antenna, with rare earth doping to
improve conductivity, and ceramic insulators made from clay found in
Area 51, to be sellable. It's not that far from what I read in the
audiophile catalogs, with their $500 power cords, wooden amplifier
boxes, glass turntables, and acoustic pretzel speaker enclosures. You
might not sell too many of these deluxe versions, but you'll make lots
of money on each one.
http://www.audioadvisor.com
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CRGRPC

Of course, the manufacturer would have to live with themselves. I would
go as far as the goofy pink antenna I mentioned above. I don't think I
would have the lack of integrity to make the bogus claims made for stuff
like the Audiophile industry does. They have a distinct Carney/Rube
thing going on with their customers.

I got it!

My urine contains special compounds because of my consumption of
asparagus, chocolate and beer. This cause my urine to have special
properties that cause magnetic particles to increase their flux
concentration, giving increased power output, more brilliant lows and
Highs, and making for much less listening fatigue.

I will sell bottles of the miracle liquid for 1000 dollars per liter.
However, as everyone knows, ther eis nothing like freshness for the
important compounds, so for 25 thousand dollars plus air and food
expensies, I will come to visit and pee on your speakers......

- 73 de Mike N3LI -