Old November 16th 03, 02:45 PM
Thierry

Default Best antenna for portable HF ?

Hi,

I have discussed on this page
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-portable.htm
the different models of portable antennas (and amplifiers) suited to work
outdoor (e.g. Field days). This list includes some verticals, longwires, and
short beams.

Could you take a look and suggest me other models that you know be used by
isolated hams working in the field, during your holidays abroad or by
DXpeditions.

Your new antenna should be able to work DX stations and support 0.5-1 kW PEP
max, be relatively light, easy to set, not too cumbersome and, if possible
cheap. This is not a wild dream...

If you know some, please list the model, brand and, for beams, the band
coverage and nbr of elements. I will find add. info on the web.

You can answer me directly by posting your answer on this forum or via my
website http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/post.htm

NB. In the meantime, if you find some typing/grammar errors, please tell me
(as you understood, I usually speak French...)

Thanks in advance

Thierry
ON4SKY
QSL Mgr for LX3SKY