Old July 22nd 03, 06:11 AM
Reg Edwards

Reg Edwards wrote:
It is only necessary that the load presented to the transmitter should

be a
pure (or near enough) resistance of the required value. Which is usually

50
ohms.

My SGC-500 amp says it will handle an SWR of 6:1 just fine.
If that is true, it means it will handle any impedance on
or inside a 6:1 circle on a 50 ohm Smith Chart. The great
majority of those impedances are not resistive.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

Dear Talking SGC-500,

Why do think I took the precaution of qualifying my statement with "or near
enough" ?

By the way, you would be most unhappy if your Tuned-tank or Pi-tank output
circuit didn't present your plate(s) with a near-enough purely resistive
load of the correct value. And would you mind asking your slave driver to
stop cheating with the aid of his 19th Century Smith Chart, please.
----
Reg, G4FGQ