Old December 4th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave,misc.transport.trucking
David G. Nagel David G. Nagel is offline

Default Trucker antenna

Top wrote:
richard wrote in
:

On 2 Dec 2008 06:15:20 GMT, Top wrote:

(Dave Platt) wrote in
:

In article
, Douglas
W. \"Popeye\" Frederick
wrote:
I suspect you'd get more bang for your buck by simply
mounting a single antenna in a better location (e.g. roof
mount) and paying attention to making the antenna's
grounding to the chassis/groundplane as direct and solid
as possible.

Cophase being omindirectional? You need to do some more
reading before you try to correct anything.

IF the cophased antennas are less than 1/4 wave apart,
there is virtually no change.

I love it when you make an ass of yourself.

Unfortunatly for you he is correct about cophased antennas less than 1/4
lambda. What the antennas do is to merge the distorted wave patterns
of each antenna into one pattern. Each antenna displays a slightly
distorted pattern that favors the side of your truck that it is mounted
on. The two patterns equal one centered pattern.

Dave N