Old August 26th 03, 01:48 AM
G.Beat

"Clair J. Robinson" wrote in message
The soldering iron, P/N TC201, for the subject station has burned out.
The heating element is P/N TC208 with pigtail leads. A local supplier
has told me that it cannot be obtained any more and another supplier
that I found on line told me that they had them back ordered with an ETA
of 01/31/03 so I think that they can't get them anymore either.

Does anyone know of a source?

If there is none, can anyone verify that the newer soldering iron, P/N
TC201T, can be used with the older power supply? It sure looks like it
can.

Thanks es 73, CJ K0CJ

Clair -

I have already answered this for you directly. The TC208 "sired-in" heater
used in the original TCP-1 irons and early version of the WTCPN station
are still available from Weller. Wassco (California) is a very good Weller
distributor -- takes about 2 weeks - since they do not stock the wired in
heater.

The TC201P and TC201T irons (that use the newer plug-in heater) will work
with the TC202 base.

Greg
w9gb