Old December 4th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Reflector mesh surface

Art Unwin wrote:

On the other hand this 477 ohms figure certainly is mystical to me,
what is the point you
are trying to make? Is it possible that the figure you are using is
bigger than you intended
by being larger than life itself

Oh, I WOULD propose that 477 ohms is "real"; indeed, it as real as
gravity. That is the ONLY reason you would find it in antenna
calculations and mentioned in books ... however, you are quite correct,
it seems it only serves as a "placeholder" and as a "magical
number"--its' only purpose, to make equations and assumptions work which
would otherwise not ... what that 477 ohms "really is", is the crux of
an important omission/guess/fudge-factor/etc.

All the above is material that you can use in your determination if I
am of sane mind or not. But first you must set your mind free
accepting only that which you can personally derive from first
principles as something that can be built upon.

Brrrrr it is geting cold
Goodnight
Art

Art, I believe you sane enough, you simply "poke at matters" which are
taboo ... and, I am loathe to be more specific. You either see the
discontinuities which prevent "the picture from being complete", or you
do not. If I felt I could go even further out on a limb, I would. For
now there are only questions and a search through others thoughts ...

Regards,
JS