Old December 4th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Bob[_18_] Bob[_18_] is offline

Default 6L6 substitute

JIMMIE wrote:

After years of avoiding morse code I am finally getting into it. the
ideal of operating a very simple transmitter appeals to my junkbox/
trashcan construction mentality.
I am looking for a substitue for a 6L6 that has the plate brought out
the top. I was trying to build a little Glowbug transmitter but was
having all kinds of problems neutralizing the the thing. I think I
would have better luck if I can separate the grid and plate circuits
from each other. I am considering an 807 as a replacement Suggestions
would be appreciated.

Jimmie

I'd go for a PL509 sweep output tube. I've had a kilowatt out of four of
them!

Bob