Old December 5th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Registered User Registered User is offline

Default 6L6 substitute

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 21:24:37 +0000, Stev eH
StevehkhhSDJvhvbjjxbvvbhnvbhzjdnxzvzhzdshbvnjzvnb vnvjbvbcjbvvvvnmxvzjhjzsdgfgsfghgjsghgsljhglhdjfgh fufgfhzysgfhczgugfvzlvufzvllgfzlyfyvlgbylvdfghvbly
wrote:

Registered User wrote:
On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 17:56:27 +0000, Stev eH
StevehkhhSDJvhvbjjxbvvbhnvbhzjdnxzvzhzdshbvnjzvnb vnvjbvbcjbvvvvnmxvzjhjzsdgfgsfghgjsghgsljhglhdjfgh fufgfhzysgfhczgugfvzlvufzvllgfzlyfyvlgbylvdfghvbly
wrote:

The sockets for the 807 are rare

The 807 uses a readily available 5 contact socket. The 1625 (12V
equivalent) uses a 7 contact socket which can be difficult to locate.

73 de n4jvp

I'm in the UK and haven't been able to find any at the local hamfests,
where can I get them from? Octal sockets are readily available over here.

Hmm, I'm surprised you haven't come across any at boot sales. I'm of
no help when it comes to vendors in the UK. You might try your
favorite search engine. The first page of this search links to several
vendors including one in AU.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ocket&aq=f&oq=
eBay is another possibility.

73 de n4jvp