Old December 5th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Henry Kolesnik Henry Kolesnik is offline

Default I.F.Transformers?

Theo
The secondary of the IF xfmrm feeding the diode will have a different
winding than the first two. My transformer theory is not up to snuff,
I'm 68 and if I recall correctly a diode has a much lower input
impedance that has to be matched so I'm guessing it will have less
turns. Remember that a transformer reflects the impedance back.
You may want to get a copy of The Radiotron Designers Handbook by
Langford, it covers just about anything you would want to know about
tube radios, over 1000 pages.

--
Thanks & 73
Hank WD5JFR
"Theo" wrote in message

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
The first two feed grids that have a higher impedance than a diode
that is fed by the third.

Thanks Hank,
Does this mean that the windings of this third I.F. transformer need
to be different in some way than the previous two, and if so, by how
much?

Theo