Old December 5th 08, 12:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Any new HF rigs from Kenwood on the horizon?

Ken chattenton wrote:
HI from Ken, G4KIR,

It appears ( from rumours ) that "Kenwood" have now ceased producing new HF
Transceivers.
They still seem to be interested in the VHF, UHF side of our hobby though.

Since we are repeating rumors I have heard from several sources, all of whom
may have heard it from the same place, so all I suggest you assume is that
it is a popular rumor, not necessarily a truthful one, is that they are
being bought by a large consumer electronics company.

If that is truely the case, their new masters may have a different idea.

As an example, the camera maket dried up a few years ago in the shift
from film to digital. Konica merged with Minolta and then went bust, Sony
bought the remains and now makes good digital cameras using their technology.

Nikon was bought out by a different large consumer electronics company,
and they have prospered.

I would not count them out.

Meanwhile try Ten-Tec :-)

Geoff.