Old December 8th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default AOR AR7030 display replacement

The display backlight started failing about a year and half ago and
failed altogether about 1 year ago. This made the LCD display hard to
read.

It is not possible to repair this problem without destroying the
display module. The display module had a part number on the back and
the manufacturer was Power Tip. Contacting Power tip and their
distributors revealed that they did not have any of that part number in
stock, and if they had them in stock the minimum buy was 250 modules.

I tried again last week, one distributor had 4 replacement modules made
by AMPIRE left over from some large order, and they agreed to sell them
to me. I installed one and it looks good. The display contrast control
looked best turned all the way to one end where the "on" bits (dark)
had the greatest contrast to the off bits (light). The display looks
just like the original yellow-green backlight color.

I want to keep one other module as a spare but I'm willing to sell the
remaining two modules to anyone looking for a replacement. The module
cost is $25 and shipping will be $5 to $10 depending on where you live.

I have PDF documents of the original and replacement parts if anyone is
interested I can email them to you. I can email pictures of the
replacement display in operation and photos of the modules if
interested.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California