Old December 8th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default (OT) December 7

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I have a question: If for some reason Obama is unable to take the oath
of
office, does that mean that Obiden, er, Biden would be sworn in as
President, or
would Pelosi take the reigns, er, reins until new elections take place?

Line of succession is Veep, then Speaker of the House. Believe that's how
Ford got to be Veep, IIRC, he was Speaker when Agnew resigned.

He never became Speaker.

I was fortunate enough to stand before his coffin and salute while he lay
in his
Museum in Grand Rapids, MI before his funeral, and before he was finally
laid to
rest along the banks of the Grand River, outside of the Museum, not so
many
miles from here.

He visited Portland in '76, made an appearance at a Baptist church a few
blocks from my home at the time, but I couldn't get off work to go see him
(plus, there was a threat against his life at the rally.) At the time, I
was a registered Dem, but I still had great respect for the man, and the
fact he had a lot to clean up after Nixon's leaving office (and supported
him in his desire to pardon Tricky Dick so the country could move on). To
this day, leaving the current President Elect out of the equation because I
don't know what he'll actually DO yet), Ford is only the third President
that I have had great respect for during my lifetime (Ike, Kennedy were the
other two). I would have liked to have met him in life.