Old December 8th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Beyond the Fairness Doctrine

wrote in message
On Dec 7, 1:28 pm, wrote:

Of course, you didn't read a single line in the artcile.
Probably because you have the typical Liberal Fascist attention span
of a 3 year old.

Why would I have to? There are 100's of articles about the "Fairness
Doctrine" all over the web. I've read all the arguments. Again the
republican radio talk show hosts are harping on this to **** off their
audience and get them to listen. The far right talk pulled the same
scare tactics when Clinton was elected in 1992.

Of cour$e we all know the real rea$on why con$servative talk $how ho$t
would be oppo$ed to the Fairne$$ doctrine.

The Fairness Doctrine isn't coming back.

Remember, fear is what the far-rights uses to keep their audience, not
fact.

Even if it did, it would not affect talk shows. Talk has been primarily
conservative since it's inception, and was so during the reign of the
doctrine. I don't recall a single talk station (and I used to listen to
several back in the day) that fell afoul of the doctrine. The stations that
did were quite overtly pushing a particular candidate or issue during an
election cycle.