Old December 9th 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Telstar Electronics Telstar Electronics is offline

Default Galaxy Saturn - probs with TX power

On Dec 9, 6:55*am, Speedmaster
wrote:
Hi

I am from germany, so please excuse my bad english!

DF5WW told me this forum, as I have probs with my Galaxy Saturn, that
you can help me?

I get the radio now from a 4 years ago died friend from his wife now.
The radio was not used for these 4 years. I wanted now to use it, but I
had to find out, that it is sending only stable with maximum of 0,5
Watts
On "A band" with 0,1 Watts ... to "E band" maximum 3 Watts but in "E"
then the TX is blocked. I have to switch it off and on again, or go
back to "A" and push the TX for a short moment. I can TX on A to D for
longer time. Only on E it blocks.

I have also an external watt-meter it displays the too low signal power
too.

First I thinked that the amp is broken, so I have change the 2166
transistor - but nothing changed

What can I do to repair / fix it?
The mystery is: that I can not TX on "E band" for longer then 1 or 2
seconds - then the radio blocks the TXing. Then there is no reaction
when pushing the mike button. I must switch off and on, then I can TX
again. But in the other band (A to D) only with 1/10 of the normal
power the radio must have.
When turning the power knob, the output power changes, so the
potentiometer looks ok

I mad sure that the fault is not my antenna, because with other CBs I
can TX and RX very good!
Also the problem apears with a dummy

I have the schematic/manual here - If some one has use for it and it is
legal, I can post a link to it. Possible also needed to help me

Please help me! I THANK YOU !!!

73,
Andy

--