Old December 10th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.religion.christian,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.republicans
Brian Oakley[_3_] Brian Oakley[_3_] is offline

Default (OT) : The Separation of Church and State in America Today : Does It Apply To Political Parties ?

Just to refresh your memories, all that claim to be Christian are in fact
not Christian, by defination of what the Bible says a Christian is. If you
apply that defination, the percentage would drop dramatically. Many people
confuse Christianity with "Churchianity" or are just religious pharasies.
Not Christians.

Merry Christmas to all

"Dave" wrote in message
RHF wrote:
On Dec 9, 6:29 am, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Nov 28, 8:49 am, David Hartung wrote:
- - Kurt_Lochner
- - Ask yourself this.. How many non-christians are involved
- - in the Republican party? Are they a majority, or a minority..
Ask yourself this.. How many Non-Christians are involved
in the Democrat Party? Are they a majority, or a minority.
In-Fact both Major US Political Parties are reflective of the
US Population; The American Citizens; and The Religious
Beliefs of the American People : Mean Both Are Around
75% Christian of Some Sort or Another. {That's A Majority}

- The majority is frequently wrong.

But alas the 'majority' is the "Majority" Right-or-Wrong [.]

- That's why we don't have pure democracy.

Yeah - We have a Representative 'form' of Government
Of The People*
By The People*
For The People*
* Those People Are Religious People-of-Faith : Who for
the most part are Christians of some sort or kind.

- I think your figures are factually inaccurate.

-source- Religious Affiliation of U.S. Congress
http://www.adherents.com/adh_congress.html
Which is Based on what Our Elected Representatives
'claim' About Themselves in Public Statements and
On-the-Record.
- - - Yeah We All Know They Lie To Get Elected.

-source- CIA {US Government Agency} Fact Book
on the US-of-A Itself
https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...us.html#People
Protestant 51.3%, Roman Catholic 23.9%, Mormon 1.7%, other Christian
1.6%, Jewish 1.7%, Buddhist 0.7%, Muslim 0.6%, other or unspecified
2.5%, unaffiliated 12.1%, none 4% (2007 est.)

Dave - DOING-THE-MATH
51.3% + 23.9% + 1.7% + 1.6% = 78.5%
=Roughly= 3-out-of-4 Americans is some
sort or kind of Christian -translation- 75%
is a good ball-park number ~ RHF
.
.

40% to 50% is more accurate. Lots of Bozos claim to be Christians, but
only when necessary. How often do you go a churchin'?