Old December 11th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
MnMikew MnMikew is offline

Default Okay, antenna talk time, what do you use?

"SC Dxing" wrote in message
After a week of owning the Grundig G6, so far the best antenna
arrangement for me is simply running a speaker wire along the ground
about 70 feet in my backyard. The Slinky antenna didn't work out well,
running a wire on the top of my house gave me more inference (plus
overloading), and the whip antenna isn't good on weaker signals. I've
heard that a CB antenna does well on the higher freqs on SW (15mhz and
above), if I can get one cheap, I'll try to hook that up on my roof.

My question is, what do you use for an antenna to listen to shortwave?

I have a wire strung around the attic. Works so-so.