Old December 12th 08, 01:36 AM
Gary pannell Gary pannell is offline
Junior Member

Location: Venus,Tx
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Head View Post
A tornado brought down my Cubex 5 band 4 element quad. Although it fell from
the top of my 52 ft. tower, the driven element complex, with the 4 fiberglass
spreaders, the spider, the phasing harness, and the wires are all good.

Also good are 2 fiberglass spreaders for a director, 2 more spiders, and about
12 ft. of 3" boom.

Of course the heavy duty mounting plates for mounting the 3" boom to a 2" mast
are all OK.

Its laying in the driveway. If you want to buy a couple more fiberglass
spreaders and a director wire kit you can likely have a real good 2 element
quad for cheap that will last a long time if you don't get a tornado on your
property like I did. All you have to do is come get it.

It would pain me to throw these parts in the landfill, but I just don't have a
good place to stick them where they will not get damaged eventually by other
activities. IOW, if you think you might want to put up a quad with these
parts, don't delay or it may be gone.

Dave Head K8DH
Thanks for this listing, I live in the north texas area, I also have a damaged Quad. It was damaged by flying R panels from a near by Barn.It is a 4 Element on a 96' tower with a 38' boom I need glass spreaders and Spiders I do not need the boom or the wire as I have more on hand,my boom is perfect. What is the possibility that you still have the componets that I need? I'll take what ever you need to get rid of though.Gary WA5FWC