Old December 11th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Burr[_2_] Burr[_2_] is offline

Default Okay, antenna talk time, what do you use?

"dxAce" wrote in message

SC Dxing wrote:

After a week of owning the Grundig G6, so far the best antenna
arrangement for me is simply running a speaker wire along the ground
about 70 feet in my backyard. The Slinky antenna didn't work out well,
running a wire on the top of my house gave me more inference (plus
overloading), and the whip antenna isn't good on weaker signals. I've
heard that a CB antenna does well on the higher freqs on SW (15mhz and
above), if I can get one cheap, I'll try to hook that up on my roof.

My question is, what do you use for an antenna to listen to shortwave?

Two antennas here, one is a 70' wire running N-S and the other is 200'
wire
running W-E.

Both are 9' above the ground and are transformer matched to 50 ohm coax
which
makes a buried run into the house.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Morning, I have used a sloping "L" for years both in Ridgecrest, Ca. and
here in the Philippines. This works very well for me, just be sure to run
the long leg E-W.

Burr's Radio Shack - http://tinyurl.com/3wuscn

Red Mountain, California / Bulacan, Philippines