Old December 12th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default Okay, antenna talk time, what do you use?

In article
,
SC Dxing wrote:

After a week of owning the Grundig G6, so far the best antenna
arrangement for me is simply running a speaker wire along the ground
about 70 feet in my backyard. The Slinky antenna didn't work out well,
running a wire on the top of my house gave me more inference (plus
overloading), and the whip antenna isn't good on weaker signals. I've
heard that a CB antenna does well on the higher freqs on SW (15mhz and
above), if I can get one cheap, I'll try to hook that up on my roof.

My question is, what do you use for an antenna to listen to shortwave?

I have two split shielded loops. One north-south and the other east-west.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California