Old December 12th 08, 10:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
justtis justtis is offline

Default Best Up to date Shortwave frequencies

That's what I'm looking for thanks. Is one any better with updates than the
other? I've ordered the 2009 Passport, just waiting for it to arrive late
December I'm told. Still I find myself pening in new frequencies quite a
bit and it's nice to have a reliable source for that material. Thanks for
the information.
OT: I just purchased a new HD 250 gig for the C: drive and found out it
wasn't a faulty drive after all. The ribbon cable apparently developed a
disconnect at one of the plug ends. Vibration I guess. Second guess is
that the cable was made in China.
I do enjoy the hobby, when time permits, utes especially. Just waiting
like everyone else for conditions to improve.
I do have a few receivers as well:
Drake R8 Just the way it is .... nice.
Icom R-75 Kiwa audio mod forthcoming
Icom R71A Have memory board and Kiwa filters yet to install. Very
well made, has that PRO look.
Yaesu FRG-7700 Another nice oldie
Yaesu FRG-7 This one too.
Grundig "Satellit 800" Big
Grundig 750 YUK! Looks nice though. Not all that great on
batteries.
Grundig G5 One of my favorites Nice hefty, rubbery non-slip feel.
Grundig/Eton S350DL Recent Kiwa audio upgrade. $22 was worth it.
Grundig S350
Grundig YB 400
Grudig YB 500 Another favorite with RDS for FM
CCrane SW Nice reception and sound Decent on batteries
CCrane Plus With Kiwa audio upgrade....made good improvement. Hard
on batteries
Kenwood R-1000 Kiwa audio and PS upgrades yet to be done.
Radio Shack DX-398
Realistic 12-655 TRF "Oldie AM DXer"
Realistic DX-66
Realistic SW-60
Realistic DX-302
Realistic SX-190
Realistic DX-390 & 392
Panasonic RF-4800 Big but has it's own spot on the bench.
Panasonic RF-B65
Sony 2010's (2) Full Kiwa mods to one
Sony ICF-5900W
Sony ICF-7600GR unmuted
Zenith TransOceanics D7000Y and R7000-1
SuperRadio(1) and (3)badged RCA
Many others I've had some including R-5000, FRG-100B, RF-3100 & 2200,
ICF-SW77, DX-440 etc.
Sony AN-1, MFJ-1020 noise cancellor, MFJ-959B Active, Ameco TPA active, 80
foot outdoor longwire.
Scanners: Alinco DJ-X10K, Bearcat 898 Trunker, Discone antenna 25ft. on
tower.
A few service manuals as well as 55 Sams Transistor Servicing manuals
(approx. 20 sets per manual) sets from the 50's through 60's.
Just a hobby!
Some people go through cars and women, I prefer radios! Much cheaper but
harder to find space for.

"dxAce" wrote in message

Justtis wrote:

I've been away from the computer for awhile. Are Primetime and
..eke's....., can't remember it's name, still the best ones? Is one
better
than the other for updates?

http://www.eibispace.de/dx/bc-b08.txt

http://www.eibispace.de/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires
I swear by, not at, Drake receivers.

And, as always, don't do business with The Huntington Investment Company.