Old December 13th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
ken scharf ken scharf is offline

Default 6L6 substitute

JIMMIE wrote:
On Dec 10, 9:27 pm, "
wrote:
Howdy,

A 6L6 immersed in a can of peanut oil is an old timey final, smells
good too.

73,
Grumpy
(Who can't get news express to work withg AIOE anymore.)

I tried doing that with a 4cx250 once. Never got it to work. Looking
back on it I should have mounted the base of the tube to the paint can
lid and hung it in the bucket upside down.
Hmmm, might be something fun to try this winter.

Jimmie

I recall an article on using a 4cx250 with water cooling. Actually it
sat upside down in a pool of water which was allowed to boil off from
the heat of the tube. Which means the tube didn't get hotter than 100
degrees C (until all the water boiled away). This is known as 'vapor
phase cooling'. Believe it or not you can cool a tube with STEAM!