Old December 13th 08, 10:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BCBlazysusan BCBlazysusan is offline

Default Best Up to date Shortwave frequencies

On Dec 12, 6:14*am, "Justtis" wrote:
Make that an MFJ-1026 Noise cancellor.
Plus portables Radio Shack Pro-99 "800" coverage scanner and a Uniden 246T
TrunkTracker 3.
Unlike the wife, I don't have to take them shopping with me but I do."Justtis" wrote in message

That's what I'm looking for thanks. *Is one any better with updates than
the other? *I've ordered the 2009 Passport, just waiting for it to arrive
late December I'm told. *Still I find myself pening *in new frequencies
quite a bit and it's nice to have a reliable source for that material.
Thanks for the information.
OT: I just purchased a new HD 250 gig for the C: drive and found out it
wasn't a faulty drive after all. * The ribbon cable apparently developed a
disconnect at one of the plug ends. *Vibration I guess. *Second guess is
that the cable was made in China.
I do enjoy the hobby, when time permits, utes especially. * Just waiting
like everyone else for conditions to improve.
I do have a few receivers as well:
Drake R8 * Just the way it is .... nice.
Icom R-75 * * Kiwa audio mod *forthcoming
Icom R71A * * * * Have memory board and Kiwa filters yet to install.
Very well made, has that PRO look.
Yaesu FRG-7700 * * Another nice oldie
Yaesu FRG-7 * * * * * This one too.
Grundig "Satellit 800" * * Big
Grundig *750 * * YUK! * *Looks nice though. * Not all that great on
batteries.
Grundig G5 * *One of my favorites * Nice hefty, rubbery non-slip feel.
Grundig/Eton S350DL * * Recent Kiwa audio upgrade. * * $22 was worth *it.
Grundig S350
Grundig YB 400
Grudig YB 500 *Another favorite with RDS for FM
CCrane SW * *Nice reception and sound * *Decent on batteries
CCrane Plus * * *With Kiwa audio upgrade....made good improvement.. * *Hard
on batteries
Kenwood R-1000 * * *Kiwa audio and PS upgrades yet to be done.
Radio Shack DX-398
Realistic *12-655 *TRF * * "Oldie *AM DXer"
Realistic DX-66
Realistic SW-60
Realistic DX-302
Realistic SX-190
Realistic DX-390 & *392
Panasonic RF-4800 * * Big but has it's own spot on the bench.
Panasonic RF-B65
Sony 2010's (2) * Full Kiwa mods to one
Sony ICF-5900W
Sony ICF-7600GR * * unmuted
Zenith TransOceanics * D7000Y *and R7000-1
SuperRadio(1) and (3)badged RCA
Many others I've had some including R-5000, FRG-100B, RF-3100 & 2200,
ICF-SW77, DX-440 etc.
Sony AN-1, MFJ-1020 noise cancellor, MFJ-959B Active, Ameco TPA active, 80
foot outdoor longwire.
Scanners: Alinco DJ-X10K, *Bearcat 898 Trunker, *Discone antenna *25ft. on
tower.
A few service manuals as well as 55 Sams Transistor Servicing manuals
(approx. *20 sets per manual) *sets from the 50's through 60's.
Just a hobby!
Some people go through cars and women, I prefer radios! * Much cheaper but
harder to find space for.

"dxAce" wrote in message

Justtis wrote:

I've been away from the computer for awhile. *Are Primetime and
..eke's....., can't remember it's name, still the best ones? * Is one
better
than *the other for updates?

http://www.eibispace.de/dx/bc-b08.txt

http://www.eibispace.de/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B
70' and 200' wires
I swear by, not at, Drake receivers.

And, as always, don't do business with The Huntington Investment Company.- Hide quoted text -

Eleven scanners here myself ;-)