Old December 14th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

Default Cutting non ferrous metals with a table saw

ken scharf wrote:

snip
I've also heard of people mounting the blade backwards so the teeth face
away from the work to cut aluminum. Not sure how this helps, but others
say it works.

Perhaps I should have said 'backward' rather than 'reversed' as the latter
may imply reversed rotation. Mounting the blade opposite to its normal
orientation is what I meant and that has worked for me on light gauge
metal. For thicker Al and brass, I have used the dremel slitting saw
method.

Michael