Old December 15th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default CHU on 7335 kHz Ottawa, Canada -and- CKZU [CBU] on 6160 kHzVancouver, BC @ 22 Hrs UTC

On Dec 14, 3:44*am, RHF wrote:
On Dec 13, 5:48*am, Thomas wrote:

Read the full story hehttp://swling.com/blog/?p=42

Cheers,
Thomas

CHU on 7335 kHz in French and English @ 07:33:50 UTC
Fair Signal S3~S4 [3s] yeah I did specifically tune them
in and listening between 07:30~07:35 UTC : So I could report
hearing them @ 07:33:50 UTC on 7335 kHz :-))

CHU on 7335 kHz announcing On-the-Air that on the
1st January 2009 they will be changing Frequency from
7335 kHz to 7850 kHz

CHU on 7335 kHz in French and English @ 11:00 UTC
Very Good Signal S9 [5s]
*.
YES - CHU is changing the 7335 kHz Frequency to 7850 kHz
- - - I Heard It On The Radio : CHU Says So [.]

CHU presently Broadcasts on these Frequencies :
3,330 kHz @ 3KW
7,335 kHz @ 10KW
14,670 kHz @ 3KW

Canadian Institute for National Measurement Standards
-per- Raymond Pelletierhttp://dx-listening-digest.blogspot.com/2008/09/dxld-chu-frequency-ch...

ARRL : Canada's 7.335 MHz CHU Time Signal :
Could Go Silent, Shift Frequencyhttp://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/11/30/100/?nc=1

About CHU Time and Frequency Station (Canada)http://cbc.am/CHU.htmhttp://www.eeci...e_broadcasts_e....
*.
*.
yes i heard it on the ray-di-oh ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -USA-
*.
Shortwave Listener QSL Reports Newsgroup : SWR3 : 385http://groups.google..com/group/shortwave-listener-qsl-reports/msg/0db...
*.
*.

I just heard both CHU on 7335 kHz Ottawa, Canada;
and CKZU [CBU] on 6160 kHz Vancouver, BC; during
the 22:00 UTC Hour; which is 2 PM in the Afternoon
here in California.

* CHU @ 10KW in Ottawa, Canada Off-the-North-Side
of the Horizontal-Out-Arm of the Antenna

* CKZU @ 1KW in Vancouver, BC Off-the-Tip of the
Far-End of the Antenna.

Possible change in Shortwave Radio Radio Reception
due to a re-positioning of the Far-End of the Inverted
"L" Antenna.

Note - Had to move the Far- End of the Inverted "L"
Antenna because we cut down some Dead Beetle
Infested Trees recently with in the last two weeks.

FWIW - The old Far-End was @ 200* and the 'new'
Far-End is now @ 275* and Pointing West+5*. So
the 'new' positioning puts one side of the Inverted
"L" Antenna's Horizontal-Out-Arm facing "South"
@ 185* and the other side facing "North" @ 005*

* = Degrees

iane ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -USA-