Old December 15th 08, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Phasing of stacked Yagis

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:19:28 -0000, "christofire"
wrote:

Is this a quiz?

And then you allow:
However, I concede there may be some reason to want to combine/power-split
using balanced line but ultimately it will need to be connected to a
co-axial line - if the intention is to achieve this without use of a balun
then I wonder if this would be more of a 'nightmare'.

It must be a quiz - when I point out that Dave does not call out for
isolation (*ferrite* BalUns as have been identified through Jerry's
and Owen's correspondence) and as you do as an aside - then what is it
that you find debatable about my commonplace observation?

Common Mode doesn't disappear into the VHF/UHF. Common Mode creates a
complex impedance product that is generally unaccounted for (ignored),
and would certainly disturb phase relationships where phase
relationships are of primary importance.

The only other alternative is consuming transmission line in coils to
the same purpose. That hasn't been offered as a choice until now.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC