Old August 30th 03, 11:58 AM
Winfield Hill

ånønÿmøu§ wrote...

Paul Burridge wrote:

The question seems daft, but bear with me, gentlemen. Has anyone
ever had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have survived?

No, can't say I have..... I do remember once when I had just got
to work and a line operator came into the lab complaining that he
had blown the fuse on a power supply. It was one of those twist
on black cap ones, that held the fuse inside it. Well, I pulled
it out and without thinking just shoved a new fuse in and wham!
Ya! I'm up! That worked better that 10 cups of coffee!

I'm glad you're OK. But that fuse-holder was mis-wired, with the
ac input on the outer ring rather than on the inner end connection.
Properly wired, a user won't be exposed to a dangerous hazard, as
we point out on page 328 of our book, The Art of Electronics.

Thanks,
- Win