Old December 15th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Larry Gauthier \(K8UT\) Larry Gauthier \(K8UT\) is offline

Default Cutting non ferrous metals with a table saw

I bought a non-ferrous metal blade for my power miter saw - works great on
antenna aluminum projects - even built a special jig for cutting vertical
"slits" in aluminum tubing.

--
-larry
K8UT
"JIMMIE" wrote in message
I have some door kick panels, some brass and a couple of Al ones. I
have used these before to make enclosures but in the past I always cut
them with a reciprocating saw then did a lot of filing to get the
edges straight and pretty. I was wondering if I could cut these using
my table saw. The motor is sealed so I don't have to worry about
getting metal shavings in it. Anyone here ever done this before. If so
what kind of blade did you use? Were there any special techniques you
applied?

It seems like this would save me a lot of finish work if I could do
it.

Jimmie