Old December 16th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Billy Burpelson[_2_] Billy Burpelson[_2_] is offline

Default This is the beginning of the end for "HD" radio!

Telamon wrote:

I was listening to a distant station this past weekend. Reception was
very good. Then sunrise came and the noise makers turned on and covered
it up. So much for that.

HD is working real good.

Yes, HD is a noise generator, but...

....I'm sure you realize that as the sun comes up, ionospheric absorption
increases and the sky wave that you were using to listen to the "distant
station" disappears anyway, with or without HD.

The sunrise itself seems to be a more likely explanation for your loss
of signal rather than HD noise .