Old December 16th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] rfburn@yahoo.com is offline

Default This is the beginning of the end for "HD" radio!

On Dec 16, 12:01 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"SC Dxing" wrote in message

With the growth of satellite radio and internet options, there really
isn't a need for HD radio. And I would think advertisers would be
against HD radio also, gives people even more opportunity to tune off
a station when a commercial is running.

Satellite radio is growing so much that the two companies had to merge to
survive, after losing over $10 billion since they launched. Subscriber churn
is producing a net loss in subscribers this year, while new installs have
slowed to nearly nothing due to the lack of new car sales.

And I'm sure it's because consumers have turned off their satellite
radios and discovered exciting HD RADIO!!!
Man, this has been a great year for HD radio. Can't wait for the
inflated sales figures.