Old December 17th 08, 07:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,alt.food.fast-food,alt.photography
radioguy radioguy is offline

Default Is it legal to drive through Burger King drive-thru with safetylights installed in/on your car???

On Dec 17, 12:16*am, 807breath wrote:
On Dec 16, 2:24*am, radioguy wrote:

However, Burger King has signs up saying "no videorecording or
photography allowed" and that "violators will be
prosecuted".

That was done by BK as a result of teenagers videotaping pranks at the
drive-thru and elsewhere in the resturant and later posting the same
on Youtube. Not so much for copyright infringement but more to prevent
clownish young adults from pranking with cellphone cameras and the
like. expect the rest of the fast food eateries to follow suit.

So what's to prevent me from pranking them? Just today I saw some
other backup lighs for sale, but this one with a honking big huge
monitor.

Maybe I'll get it just to p.o. Burger King.

And drive through there where they won't be able to help but notice
the picture showing them theirselves.

So hams, get out your ham video monitors, and cbers and everyone else,
get out your part 15 video monitors. It's probably going to be a real
show.

Of course after that, they probably won't let me back on their
property. But who cares? That would be worth it. I agree with the
poster who said
Wendy's makes better hamburgers.

They
could care less about any arcane "technical aspects" concerning the
(same) rule. Just don't let 'em know what it is and they'll just think
you're a fireman or an EMT and your ham radio HT is a "portable".

I was originally going to agree with you. but then I thought no they
probably won't think that. After all, the idiots already thought that
my Icom IC-R3
RADIO WAS A CAMERA that I WAS taking pictures with!!!!

They "seen" me "taking pictures" with it.

I still wonder how since that radio does NOT take pictures.

And since I was NOT taking pictures with it.

Not even acting like I was. Just sitting there listening to it.

Yet plenty of other people use radios in there without any problems
that I know of.

Who knows what boneheaded ideas they would think or come up with about
safety lights?

they might think I'm a fireman or emt like you said. However, after
them seeing me take pictures with a RADIO that does NOT take pictures,
I very much doubt that they are that smart.

Firemen and emt probably won't even cross their mind.

It will probably more than likely be some boneheaded idea that sane
people never thought of.