Old December 17th 08, 08:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner
radioguy radioguy is offline

Default Palmdale California To Pass Anti Ham Radio Law

No, my messages were not spam. If you don't like my new crimefighting
attitude, you can blame Steam and Valve.

Ever since I got ripped off by Steam and Valve, I am on a crusade to
verbally fight all crime and ccorruption that I see or experience by
verbally exposing their crime, corrruption, and illegal activities by
posting on the internet.

I'm not taking t anymore. Too many people don't stand up for the real
laws of this country anymore, which is most likely why things just
keep getting
worse and worse.

Next up on the list:

The illegal activites of Palmdale, California.

IF they are indeed illegal activities.

Which several people said they are.

But are they really?

hmmm.....

I'll have to take another look at their rules and regulations.

However, whether legal or illegal, they sure are making it hard to
impossible for hams to put up antennas of any sort

Imagine if you didn't stand up for the real laws of the country and
just sat back saying nothing and posting nothing and letting Palmdale
illegally
do whatever they want to.

you soon wouldn't be able to use your ham radio at all. Then no using
your cb at all. Then no using your frs at all. But it wouldn't stop
there.

Next or eventually comes regulating the color of the cell phone you
can have. The color of the cordless phone you can have if they don't
outlaw those first.
The color of your house. Etcetera.

And impossible to follow laws since they purposely contradict
theirselves.

The posts about Palmdale on qrz were back from 2006 and I think 2002
or so also. the current one is current, December 2008, and even the
2002.2006 one wasn't the first time Palmdale tried banning ham
antennas.

They also tried it around 1992 or 1994. I saw the posts dated around
then.

It seems obvious that Palmdale is NOT going to give up trying to ban
ham radio antennas or ham radio alltogether.

And did they or didn't they just ban mobile ham radios and handgelds
also.

From reading their rules, I believe their intentions were to ban
handhelds, but if so, they goofed as it seems to me their rules
permit handhelds and handheld antennas.

However, if permitted like it seems to be, their intentions might have
been to allow them instead of ban them.

But that doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the rules.

It looks to me like they are trying to ban mobile ham radio operation.

What about those of us from out of town and out of state who just
happen to be driving through Palmdale on vacation or for some other
reason and have big honking huge ham antennas on our car since they're
not illegal where we live?

I think It said something about them having to meet the vehicle code
about ham antennas.

However, I have never ever seen any vehicle code mentioning ham
antennas.

Of course, being California, theirs' might.

If their vehicle code doesn't mention ham antennas, what are the
chances of Palmdale using that to say since the vehicle code doesn't
mention ham
antennas at all, then the ham antennas don't meet the requirements of
being how the vehicle code says they must be, and are therefore
illegal.

You have to remember, California is screwy. And Palmdale even more so,
from what I've read posted by other people.

They said Palmdale is and was already a bad trashy looking ghetto
dump.

And that a bunch of ham radio towers would actually improve the look
of the place.

I've never been there myself, so I can't say for sure if that's true
or not.

..

At least not without a big huge fight on their hands.

The latter is what happened to me and everyone else in the trailer
park once the new landlord/owner of the trailer park took over.