Old December 17th 08, 10:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default 800 KXIC Iowa

BCBlazysusan wrote:

On Dec 17, 4:10 am, dxAce wrote:
BCBlazysusan wrote:
Good copy on them at 0841 UCT from Cincinnati, are they still only
running 199 watts at night? If so- that isn't too bad. It seems that
C2C has taken over at night times in the US.

I was hearing C2C prior to 0900, but took a fade, not sure if same station but
then heard an ad for perhaps a catering service with a 519 area code that would
place it in Ontario. Got a nice jumble of stuff going on the freq.

I know what you say about the jumbling, it seems pretty active this
morning. I'm picking up very readable (someones trying to get in
there) WCCO from Minneapolis. That may not be that big a deal because
it's 50,000 watts but I looked throughout my logs since I started
writing them down and apparently I have never logged it before. {?}
I am sure if I heard it I would have checked it on my logs, maybe it's
one of those where I just happened not to be on the freq....I don't
know. Steve, if you're reading this throw me a link for the BCB. I
used to have one years ago......and not that radio query site. Is
there a better one? I just use my. I just use my lists that I had
copied over the years off the net along with my M Street Radio
Directory - it's a couple of years old now though. TIA

There's a lot of info on this site:

http://www.amlogbook.com/

http://www.amlogbook.com/freq.htm

I'm certain that there others, but I'm just a MW dabbler.