Old December 17th 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Cregger Ed Cregger is offline

Default Would a discone cover all the US TV broadcast Freqs?

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message
I want to put up the smallest outdoor antenna that would cover all TV
Broadcast Freqs being used after Feb 2009. The log-periodicals are too
"un-stealthy" to go unnoticed by the XYL, but I think a little discone with
some black paint might escape her inspection as long as I do the
installation while she's out shopping.
Question is - have any of you used one for TV - and if so, how did it
perform? would it cover the TV broadcast freqs ? (I'm aware of its lack
of gain - I'm within 5 miles of most local stations, and within 20 miles
of a couple more.)
Thanks
Hal W4PMJ

It should work just fine, barring multipath. Multipath with digital signals
does not produce ghosting, just signal degradation, although it can be so
bad as to make viewing spotty with dropouts. I'd give it a go if I already
had the antenna.

Ed, N2ECW