Old December 18th 08, 09:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BCBlazysusan BCBlazysusan is offline

Default 860 AM

Even though a flame thrower I never logged this before CJBC out of
Toronto,Ontario. Question : Why are the stations out of Canada called
Ontario instead of Canada? ---dumb question maybe? 0915 UCT

I had previously logged and received qsl's from WMRI on 860 out of
Marion, Indiana running 500 watts at night. I also previously logged
and qsl from WAEC out of Atlanta,Ga. running 500 watts night time
also. Interesting that I could log those minimal output stations
before, both are closer and south of my QTH and not hear Canada which
is north at 50,000 watts. {?} Shows that common sense does not ensue
in receving stations maybe? But as I type the flame thrower is now
starting to fade slightly at a three on my meter. All three stations
copied off the Alpha Delta DX sloper facing sw.