Old December 18th 08, 09:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default 860 AM

BCBlazysusan wrote:

Even though a flame thrower I never logged this before CJBC out of
Toronto,Ontario. Question : Why are the stations out of Canada called
Ontario instead of Canada? ---dumb question maybe? 0915 UCT

I had previously logged and received qsl's from WMRI on 860 out of
Marion, Indiana running 500 watts at night. I also previously logged
and qsl from WAEC out of Atlanta,Ga. running 500 watts night time
also. Interesting that I could log those minimal output stations
before, both are closer and south of my QTH and not hear Canada which
is north at 50,000 watts. {?} Shows that common sense does not ensue
in receving stations maybe? But as I type the flame thrower is now
starting to fade slightly at a three on my meter. All three stations
copied off the Alpha Delta DX sloper facing sw.

Whoa! When mentioning QSL, one must always add (verie, for those in Glendale)!

It also might be a good idea to do this when mentioning QTH (location, for those
in Glendale) as well