Old December 18th 08, 11:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BCBlazysusan BCBlazysusan is offline

Default SWL Newbies : Writing Shortwave Radio Reception Reports (SWR3s)and Obtaining QSL Cards

On Dec 17, 7:24*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
I was using a Radio Shack Dx-999 using 60
foot of random wire facing from Southwest to Northeast. Then give
details of the program. (frequency and radio fictional)

DX999? Never heard of that, was it maybe a 399?

RCI was very appreciate that I gave a reception report
in plain English, they mailed me a very nice packet today via US
mail.

It's cool IMO when a station actually sends you more than just a qsl.
I really need to dig up all my qsl cards, my wife would kill me if I
started pillaging the closets and shed....lol. You may even want to
give them your home phone number- I always do. There was one station
(I don't remember) that called me (shortwave) and wanted me to talk I
guess on their show. I had one radio station call me before. Many of
these stations will send you all kinds of cool things. Pennants-
calendars - I got some candy from somewhere before (never ate it). I
received a calendar for the year 1997 or 8 from a station in either
Kansas or Nebraska.