Old December 18th 08, 11:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Pirate - 6925

dxAce wrote:

SC Dxing wrote:

On Dec 15, 9:06 pm, RHF wrote:

DX Ace any idea where he is Transmitting from . . .

http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Channel_Z_Radio

According to that wiki article, Channel Z used a Blue Ridge Summit, PA
mailing address - which is right at the Maryland/PA line about 5 miles
east of Waynesboro, PA. I've actually been in that post office before
while hiking along that part of the Appalachian Trail that goes right
near it.

Blue Ridge Summit is merely a maildrop. A lot of pirates use or have used it.
Reports get picked up and then are forwarded to the priate station.

A middleman.

FWIW my postal reply from Channel Z was postmarked Amarillo, TX.

dxAce
Michigan
USA