Old December 18th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Ed is offline

Default Would a discone cover all the US TV broadcast Freqs?

As for Ed's repeated advice for paint it black (Rolling Stones?), no.
Paint it off-white or a paler shade of blue (Procol Harumish). In
experiments during WWII, they discovered that lighting targets against
the sky made them disappear - not darkening them which offered
contrast. Oxidized aluminum is probably the best coloration.

No, not Rolling Stones.... never was a fan. And I stand corrected. I
know better, but here in Oregon, most of my outside stuff has a "dark
Green" folage background and I was thinking of that instead of the sky.

Ed K7AAT