Old December 19th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Would a discone cover all the US TV broadcast Freqs?

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message
I want to put up the smallest outdoor antenna that would cover all TV
Broadcast Freqs being used after Feb 2009. The log-periodicals are too
"un-stealthy" to go unnoticed by the XYL, but I think a little discone

with
some black paint might escape her inspection as long as I do the
installation while she's out shopping.
Question is - have any of you used one for TV - and if so, how did it
perform? would it cover the TV broadcast freqs ? (I'm aware of its lack

of
gain - I'm within 5 miles of most local stations, and within 20 miles of a
couple more.)
Thanks
Hal W4PMJ

Why not just put a normal antenna up in the garage or the attic? A small
yagi should do it. You can remove the UHF reflectors if there is plenty of
signal. Even cut half of the UHF directors without much loss. Bring it up
in the rafters and spread it out. Not near as good as on the roof but you
can always put it up normally when she finds out about it anyway.