Old December 19th 08, 07:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner
N9OGL N9OGL is offline

Default Palmdale California To Pass Anti Ham Radio Law

On Dec 18, 10:30*pm, Lids wrote:
N9OGL wrote:
On Dec 18, 10:28 am, N9OGL wrote:
On Dec 15, 4:28 pm, policy-ham wrote:

Palmdale, "Kalifornia" is attempting to outlaw amateur radio. *The
city of Palmdale has now passed a draft zoning law that proposes an
enforcement unit that could seize amateur radio equipment and restrict
antenna height to one inch above a fixed structure's roof.
It also applies to mobile and portable operation using an HT. They can
even arrest you and take your HT just for walking down the street and
talking on it.
I am not kidding. Here is a link to the actual proposed ordinance
where you can read it for yourself.http://www.cityofpalmdale.org/city_h...spl120479c.pdf
QRZ.com are leading the hams in a campaign to stop this law from
taking effect. You can read all about it he *http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=185892
There is also are some videos on YouTube from N9FAA about it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmWLF...utube.com/watc...
Hams in "Kalifornia" and the whole country have to unite to fight it
now!
Louis
I got law....I think all need to read it again

Todd N9OGL

CORRECTION: I've got a copy of the law and you all need to read it
again!

Todd N9OGL

You are both LIDs!

and YOUR an ASSHOLE...if you can't discuss without calling people
names...BTW a LID only really applies to radio