Old December 21st 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Reed Reed is offline

Default Just got a Pro 96 , help me set it up please?

taseal wrote:
took me a whole day to figure it out. apparently I was doing it wrong. I
found out there is another page on radio ref where it has trunk
information as well.

got it working pretty well now, but I got a question...

it always scans through the banks I have on.

How can I select a certain talkgroup ID, and only listen to that? there
are 2 ways I can do it now, which is a major PITA. lock out ALL other
channels except the one I want (which is a lot of locking/unlocking) or
wait til I hear the talkgroup talk, and press pause...

is there a way where I can go through the talkgroups and select the one
I want it to tune to???

if you have the manual, go to page 91
see paragraph at top of page

basically you manually select the talkgroup ID, then press FUNC TRUNK
this puts that ID in HOLD MODE directly

works on my pro-96