Old December 22nd 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SC Dxing SC Dxing is offline

Default New Eton/Grundig portable

On Dec 22, 1:16*am, Bob Dobbs wrote:

Only later did I subscribe to this group and observe such a collection
of disgruntled owners, if they were indeed owners and not just sour
grape whiners.
I think Roy (Hussein) Fisk has one and he never complains about it.

I recently got back into listening to SW radio. It seems every new
unit that comes out gets torn to shreds while all the old units were
glorious works of perfection, but I'm inclined to believe it's people
being perhaps over-analyzing. It seems the more expensive the portable
SW unit (e1, satellit 750 etc) the more they are getting torn up in
reviews. I don't know.

I only got one SW now, a new Grundig G6. The only complaint I got
against that unit is the aircraft band is useless and full of images
from FM, especially compared to my police scanners. Otherwise, I think
for 99 bucks (and now on sale for 79 bucks), it's a darn good little
unit.

If I could find one in a brick and mortar store, I would like to buy
the Satellit 750, or at least see it in person.