Old December 22nd 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Would a discone cover all the US TV broadcast Freqs?

Bart Bailey wrote:

It regains it's own authority.

Yes, by overthrow of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. By far the
best deal we ever had as citizens.

There is much truth there. It seems humans are constructed with a need
to worship "something." In the absence of a loving God, we get a stern
and vengeful state ... wait and see.

Regards,
JS

The Government struggles with taking care of all the stupid minions, trained
to fail for generations, that desire to be taken care of or need to belong
to something at any cost, with an ever present temptation to either wipe
them out or let nature somehow wipe them out to ease the burden. The
collapse of the economy of the Soviet Union meant that despite the
atrocities, it could have been a whole lot worse for a lot more people
(perhaps the collapse itself was little more than an abdication of
responsibility while hard-line idealists regrouped- I digress.).
Perestroika was blamed for the fall, but economic realities resulted in that
panic jump into a new course they knew nothing about. Look at how many new
business fail because the owner doesn't even have a business plan. Now
there is a knee-jerk reaction to old ways that never worked. It could be
compared to the South after Reconstruction. Suddenly the slaves were free,
but few knew how to prosper.

We still haven't found rock-bottom in the disaster we have incurred with so
much Social tampering in our society. Even as of several years ago, I spoke
to some people who straight faced hoped for another national crash, fall,
and depression in the hopes that another leader like Roosevelt could emerge.
An honest analysis of the depression era clearly shows that none of the so
called progressive programs actually brought us out of the Great Depression.
In fact many of those programs actually prolonged the misery. Recovery was
actually credited to Shirley Temple and W.W.II. At least Shirley often gave
the glory to God.

The credit for alleviating suffering throughout the World still goes to God.
Even FEMA credits Christian charity and volunteers for far more than they
ever could have done when referring to Katrina.

BTW anyone who doesn't get any part of this, just ask for a clarification.
It can be broken down and s'plained in more personal terms. As for the
discone question, it was well answered and covered long ago.