Old December 22nd 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Rig Response 3 , expected 38

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:32:55 -0800 (PST)
From: fazamy
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Subject: Rig Response 3 , expected 38

I've posted this on the XmLog group without a response explaining the
meaning of this message: "Rig Response 3 , expected 38." Attempting
to configure a so-called virtual com port from a freeware program so
that I can run that log software on a discrete port, I get that
message. What is 3? And if 38 is the optimal figure, how do I get to
38?

Is there nyone in this group who can explain this?

It would help if you listed critical details like:

1. what is the name of the application.
2. its version number.
3. whether the documentation specifies what kind of operating system it
needs, what kind of hardware is a pre-requisit. And, whether there
is a "readme" file with description of issues.
4. what OS you actually are using.
5. whether you attempted to contact the source of the software for an
answer.
6. whether the com port is specifiable from the software.
7. does the com port hardware actually exist and correspond to what is
configurable from the software.
8. and out of curiosity, what is supposed to go in or out of the com port
in this "logging" software? And, what is it supposed to connect with?
9. did you buy the software or get it from someone else who has it
working? (ask them for help?).

That is for starters.

Really?

0.5. What does this have to do with homebrew?