Old December 23rd 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default IBOC : FM HD2-Radio Networks - HD-Radio's Bridge To The Future

wrote in message

So, Eduardo, does that mean you think there's a possibility that HD
radio might not be successful? If so I can't believe you would even
entertain such a position.

Yes, I think that the current economic environment will not only slow or
stop HD, it will kill many radio companies and even lots of owner-operated
small market stations. Whether it be the recession and the slow-down of
advertising, the lack of credit, or a slowing of consumer buying of
durables, HD will be among lots of things teetering on the edge due to the
economy, not the technology.