Old December 24th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default if federal law supercedes state law, then how are anti-scanner laws legal???

In article ,
John Smith wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:

Also, it depends upon your USE of the intercepted comms. There is an
enhancement for using a police scanner in furtherance of a crime.

In most SDRs, it is only software (firmware in the cheaper ones), it is
only a matter of tweaking the source code to receive any freq within
range of the circuitry, or reprogramming the PIC in the cheaper ones ...

I kind of like the paragraph above. A SDR ( software defined radio) is
only software? Sounds logical doesn't it. If I go buy one and take the
lid off I'll just find a CD ROM in there with the software on it right?

I like the firmware being something other than software comment too.

The military should always use deep encryption if they are
serious--otherwise, I would suspect you were only receiving
transmissions of non-importance, or those broadcast for disinformation
purposes ...

That's why all milcom listeners have their boots on. I recommend hip
waders for you. No telling what you will get yourself into next.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California