Old September 2nd 03, 05:21 AM
Clifton T. Sharp Jr.

Winfield Hill wrote:
ånønÿmøu§ wrote...
It was one of those twist
on black cap ones, that held the fuse inside it. Well, I pulled
it out and without thinking just shoved a new fuse in and wham!
Ya! I'm up! That worked better that 10 cups of coffee!

I'm glad you're OK. But that fuse-holder was mis-wired, with the
ac input on the outer ring rather than on the inner end connection.
Properly wired, a user won't be exposed to a dangerous hazard, as
we point out on page 328 of our book, The Art of Electronics.

I like my method better. The twist-in cap usually will hold the fuse
well enough that one doesn't have to be touching any metal when the
fuse is pushed into the holder and screwed in. He who doesn't touch a
conductor doesn't become one.

--
"Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."